Community Education Programs
The goal of our Community Education Programs is to provide our citizens with life saving information and to teach them skills to keep them safe through every stage of life. These programs include individual services, group presentations and community events.
Starting early, we partner with our elementary, middle and high schools educating and delivering age appropriate safety programs to our youth. We teach parents how to keep their kids safe at home, safe at play and safe in the car. We offer services for youth who misuse fire.
Our programs also extend into our adult community. We offer programs that teach adults and seniors how to prevent fires and injuries, how to prepare for emergencies, and how to respond to emergency situations at work and at home.
West Metro Fire Rescue’s Community Education Programs are made possible through partnerships with local agencies and businesses, community and corporate volunteers, grants, sponsorships and donations. We employ a cadre of certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians, trained Speakers Bureau Presenters, a certified Public Fire Educator and Youth Fire Setter Intervention Specialist, our Fire Investigations Team and our on-duty fire crews to deliver our programs.
Please feel free to contact us via email or at (303) 989-4307 for more information regarding these programs.
NOTE: Effective March 11, 2020:
All school presentations, fire engine visits and station tours are suspended until further notice due to COVID-19.
We will reinstate the links to request these programs after this order is lifted.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for understanding our need to protect our firefighters and citizens from the spread of this virus.
- We offer a fire truck visit once each year to your location. Please note: we need at least 4 weeks advance notice to schedule a visit.
At this time, we do not have funding to send presenters into the preschool classrooms. However, teachers may request a copy of the “Tools Not Toys” lesson to deliver in their classrooms.
Elementary School Presentations
– We offer safety presentations through the Physical Education Classes. A team of firefighters delivers interactive, hands-on safety presentations to each grade level classroom during their scheduled PE specials time. We typically visit each school for three days to meet with all students. Each grade level receives a customized presentation addressing fire, bike, pedestrian or motor vehicle safety.
Middle School Presentations
- We offer our “Crash Matters” safety presentations to the 8th Grade Science Classes. We deliver presentations in individual classes using Newton’s Laws of Motion to address crash dynamics for pedestrians, bicyclists and passengers.
High School Presentations
- We offer our “What Do You Consider Lethal?” motor vehicle safety presentation to the FACS, Health, First Aid or other elective classes. We deliver this interactive presentation during one full class period which can range from 40-90 minutes.
Life Safety Links
- Construction & Building Services
- Construction Permit Applications
- Code Compliance
- Community Education
- Community Involvement
- Community Risk Reduction
- Residential Info & Programs