Portal/Inspection Instruction Document:
- The system allows only one contact to be listed for a job. If you are new to this process, or your project was submitted by a design professional/permitting company, you will first need to create a contractor portal then request a project be moved to your information. A project needs to be under a specific contractor portal to have access to the project to request inspections. Once your portal is created, email a request to email@example.com with the property address of the job, job number, contractor portal business name, and individual contact name to move the project to.
- Our normal inspection hours are from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- We do offer after-hour inspection requests (6:00 AM) by clicking the "blackout date/time" option when requesting your inspection through the contractor portal. Please be sure to leave all required information, including how the after hours inspection fee of $240.00 will be paid- prepay with credit card or check on site.
- Inspection requests must be received by 12:00 PM (noon) for the next business date option.
- While you are able to request a time when requesting your inspection, this is not guaranteed. The inspector routes his schedule after the 12:00 PM (noon) cut-off time and selects times based on their full schedule and all locations of inspection requests. You may leave a note in the comments box if a certain time is required, and the inspectors will do their best to accommodate.
- Inspections are self-assigned by the inspectors after our cut-off time of 12:00 PM (noon) the business day prior to the inspection requested date. You will not receive a confirmation email until the business day before the inspection. If you schedule days or weeks out, you will not receive confirmation until the business day before the inspection request date.
- The contractor is responsible to be at the job site ready for the requested inspection up to 1 hour before and 2 hours after the scheduled time.
- Mobile Eyes will generate a no-reply response to the requester with the anticipated arrival time once the inspector self-assigns. If the inspection needs to be moved to another date due to availability, the inspector will send a status log notice to the contact for the permit.
- Approved plans and permits need to be on site for inspection(s). Please refer to Page 2 of your West Metro Fire approved plans for requirements specific to the type of permit issued.
- To request cancellation of a requested inspection in the queue that has not been confirmed and assigned, you can send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include job number, property address, and date of inspection requested. *If your inspection has been confirmed and assigned, you can cancel the inspection from your contractor portal (there is a how-to video on the contractor portal main page*
- A $300.00 re-inspection fee will be assessed for a no-show.
BDA Grid Reports can be submitted by email for review to email@example.com .
If the project requires a No Work Conformance Form, a certified individual can complete the form (link to document above). Please be sure to read the instructions provided on the form. Once completed, the form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for review prior to the listed contact requesting the final inspection(s) for the project. Additional information is also provided on the West Metro Fire issued Tenant Improvement approved plans, Page 2, right side, above the permit card and inspection list.