Training and Event Center
3535 S. Kipling Street
Lakewood, Co 80235
Main: (720) 963-6300
- Consistent Customer Service
- Consistent Quality
- Straight Forward Pricing
- Technology Available & Current
- Booking Is Simple
WE ARE THE RIGHT SPACE, FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, AND WHERE YOUR BUSINESS OR PERSONAL NEEDS CAN BE MET!
Training makes firefighters. In 2020, our crews completed 54,236 hours of training, an average of 148 hours for every firefighter. The pandemic affected how and when we trained, but it did not affect our commitment to stay ready to serve. Crews sharpened their skills and learned new ones for responding to structure fires, wildland fires and vehicle crashes. They also worked on core firefighter competencies and EMS procedures and protocols. Training gives our crews the opportunity to try new strategies and work on established response protocols. It also allows them to experience low frequency, high risk scenarios where every decision could determine the outcome of the incident.
As every other profession is changing, so is the fire service. How we react and respond now is quite different than it was just a few years ago. We've instituted new safety protocols to keep our firefighters safe and found new methods to protect our community. On every incident, life safety is our number one concern and getting inside a structure fire to find potential victims quickly means a better chance of survival. West Metro's Training Division hosted a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) competition that tested new technology aimed at helping firefighters find people trapped in fires.
West Metro Fire offers a variety of courses, seminars and workshops
- Meeting rooms and drillground props for rent. We offer rental to the private and public sectors.
- We sponsor and conduct industry related courses and training.
- West Metro Fire Rescue (WMFR) conducts our own Recruit Academy, including other area fire department recruits, typically twice a year, running approximately 4 months.
- We also hold our own WMFR academy for our new recruits, as well as academies for other area fire departments.
If you would like WMFR to conduct an academy for your department / agency, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to work with you.