Construction and Building Services
West Metro Fire Rescue’s Life Safety Division, Construction and Building Services performs plan review, permitting, and inspections related to new construction, and modification to existing structures.
Click HERE to access the Contractor Portal. You can create a contractor portal/log in to an existing account, submit plans, and request construction related inspection(s).
Turnaround time for review is approximately 3-4 weeks
Detailed instructions for assistance of the Contractor Portal are provided for:
- Plan Review Submittal Process Informational Page (this includes resubmittals for revised/corrected plans)
- Creating a New Contractor Portal
- Submitting a Permit Application
- Contractor Portal Main Page Informational Sheet
Have a Plan Review Question? Please email email@example.com and someone from our office will respond as soon as possible.
Other helpful information:
- To review our Life Safety Fee Schedules please click HERE
- Credit card payments are processed through Tyler Payments. There is a processing fee of $6.95 or 3.95% of the invoice fee, whichever is greater. Payments can still be made via check payable to West Metro Fire and sent to 433 S. Allison Pkwy., Lakewood, CO 80226. Please include a copy of the invoice for ease of processing.
- To review the West Metro Fire Permit Process Flowchart please click HERE
- To review the fire codes adopted in our jurisdiction by City or County please click HERE
- Need a Fire Sprinkler/Will Serve Letter for your Jefferson or Douglas County Single Family Residential Project (this does not include multi-family projects)? You can email the architectural drawings (needs to include all square footage of the project) to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will then be routed to a Plan Reviewer who will determine the requirement and provide a letter in a reply email.
*Please review as many links on this page as possible to prevent any delay for your project that may be incurred by missing a piece of information contained on this page and in the attachments.*
Life Safety Links
- Construction & Building Services
- Construction Permit Applications
- Code Compliance
- Community Education
- Community Involvement
- Community Risk Reduction
- Residential Info & Programs